Breaking News

SkinKraft Personalised Beauty Care – Review

SkinKraft Personalised Beauty Care - Review
Here’s my problem – I spend an obscene amount of money every few months on skincare products like cleansers, toners, and moisturizers. This, in itself, would not have been a problem if the products actually did what they were supposed to do and did not end up collecting dust in my makeup cabinet. So I was on the lookout for some daily skincare products that could deal with my dry and sensitive skin once and for all. This is when I chanced upon an advertisement for SkinKraft.

What Is SkinKraft?

SkinKraft is touted as “India’s first customized skincare regimen.” It’s an online service that first offers you a SkinID questionnaire to determine your unique skin type. You are then recommended a customized skincare regimen consisting of products that tackle your specific skin issues. You can buy this regimen on a subscription basis.

Packaging

The skincare products are delivered each month in a gorgeous teal blue box with a magnetic flap. (And you best believe I now use it to store my jewelry.) The skincare products themselves come in sturdy matte black or white bottles.

My Experience


The SkinKraft Process, as I like to call it, started with the SkinID questionnaire that took me about 10 minutes to complete. The results showed that I have sensitive skin that has a low tolerance for skincare products and is prone to stinging, itching, and burning. This explains why my experience with a couple of moisturizers and sunscreens that I had used earlier had gone awry. So I was recommended the Ultra Smooth Face Cleanser and Barrier Repair Lotion (Moisture ++).

I. Ultra Smooth Face Cleanser

This facial cleanser contains lauryl glucoside, allantoin, chamomile extract, and olive oil. It is milky white in color and medium-thick in consistency. It also does not have any fragrance, which is a huge plus in my book. Another thing that stood out to me about it was that it does not lather – a fact that bothered me at first. However, after using it twice a day for a week, my skin felt significantly softer and cleaner. I brushed it off as placebo effect until I was told by two different people on two different occasions that my skin looked fresher and seemed to be glowing these days. Needless to say, that put a spring in my step!

II. Barrier Repair Lotion (Moisture ++)

Here’s the thing – I’ve suffered from dry patches on my skin for years now. The two moisturizers that I used before this one had little effect on them. While the first one made absolutely no difference, the second one somehow made them drier and start flaking even more. So the Barrier Repair Lotion turned out to be a savior. It contains a lotion base with humectants, ceramide EOP, ceramide AP, ceramide NP, and phytosphingosine.
The first time I used this moisturizer, I was quite taken aback by the fact that it looked and smelled exactly like water. So I set my expectations quite low. However, the water-like consistency turned out to be perfect for its spray dispenser. I just spritzed it on after washing my face and waited for it to get absorbed into my skin, which took just a few seconds. But my favorite thing about this moisturizer would have to be the fact that it was so lightweight that it felt like nothing on my skin. My dry patches visibly reduced within 3 days of usage without making my face look shiny or greasy. So this was a real winner for me!

Will I Recommend This Product?

Absolutely! If you are someone who constantly switches skincare products because you’re not satisfied with the results, SkinKraft (though a bit pricey) is well worth the investment. Not only does it do tons of good to your skin, it also does not contain any of the harmful chemicals that you’re told to steer clear from these days. I’ll just let this screenshot from their website do the talking

No comments